Public Works Department
Our goal is to maintain the municipal infrastructure with a quality of standards that our citizens expect. Gretna uses the most efficient methods to achieve this quality. The Public Works Department is responsible for maintaining the streets you drive on everyday. The parks you enjoy during the nice weather are kept clean, well mowed, and the trees are trimmed. The swimming pool your family enjoys those hot summer months is kept clean and up to state specifications.
Some of the little known duties of the Public Works Department are maintaining the water and wastewater systems, weed control, mosquito control, removing graffiti, posting street signs, and hanging festive Christmas decorations.
Water / Sewer Bills (Utility Billing)
- Residential New Water Customer Form (PDF) - Anyone moving into Gretna or moving from one address to another in Gretna) is to be filled out and brought (in person) to Gretna City Hall. I.D. is required for verification purposes.
- Business Application (PDF) New business customers must fill our Application for billing
- Terminating Water/Sewer Service (PDF) is required for anyone moving out of their home.
- View / Print ACH Payment (automatic pay) form (PDF)
- Authorization to Email Water / Sewer Bills (PDF) (For Current Customers)
- Utility Information Pamphlet (PDF)
Water & Sewer Rates
Questions on your water/sewer bill, please email Jennifer or call 402-332-3336 ext. 216.
Think you might have a water leak? Check out these tips (PDF) to see if you are right.
The 2018 Quality Water Report (PDF) is now available to view.
MS4 Information and Maps
The following is information is regarding the Small Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) Requirements: