Board of Adjustments
- 6:30 p.m.
- 2nd Tuesday of each month, or if needed
- City Hall
Agendas & Minutes
- Pat Phelan - Chairman
- Michael Gilligan
- Marlene Knight
- Larry Rippe
About the Board
The Board of Adjustments' duty is to hear and decide on written appeals concerning any interpretation made by a municipal official on the enforcement of the zoning regulations.
To apply for a variance, please contact Kristine Stokes, with the Building/Zoning Department at 402-332-3336, ext. 1202.
No variance shall be authorized by the board unless it finds that:
- The strict application of the zoning regulation would produce undue hardship
- Such hardship is not shared generally by other properties in the same zoning district and the same vicinity
- The authorization of such variance will not be of substantial detriment to adjacent property and the character of the district will not be changed by the granting of the variance
- The granting of such variance is based upon reason of demonstrable and exceptional hardship as distinguished from variations for purposes of convenience, profit, or caprice
- The condition or situation of the property concerned or the intended use of the property is not of so general or recurring a nature as to make reasonably practicable the formulation of a general regulation to be adopted as an amendment to the zoning regulations