Water & Sewer Billing
The City of Gretna provides Water & Sewer services to the citizen of Gretna and several of the surrounding Sanitary Improvement District’s not within the city limits. If you are not sure who provides your Water & Sewer service please do not hesitate to give us a call.
New to Gretna or just have some questions? Read up on some commonly asked questions in our Utility Information Pamplet (PDF).
New Resident to Gretna?
All new residents to the City of Gretna or the surrounding Sanitary Improvement District’s are required to complete a New Residential Water Customer Form so the Utility Billing Department can ensure accurate emergency contact and billing information is on file.
Moving Within the City of Gretna?
All residents moving within the Water and Sewer district of the City of Greta are required to complete a Termination of Services form AND a New Residential Water Customer Form. This will ensure accurate disconnect and connection dates at the old residence and new residence, as well as update all emergency contact and billing information on file. **Service DOES NOT transfer from house to house.
Moving Away from Gretna?
A Termination of Services form must be completed to ensure accurate disconnect date of Water and Sewer so you are no longer responsible for any usage at that residence. This will also ensure the City of Gretna has contact information to forward any refunds from the account.
Water & Sewer Forms
- New Residential Water Customer Form (PDF) - Anyone moving into Gretna (or moving within Gretna). This is to be filled out and brought (in person) to Gretna City Hall as photo I.D. is required for verification purposes.
- Business Application (PDF) - New business customers must complete our Application for billing.
- Terminating Water / Sewer Service (PDF) - A completed move out form is required for anyone moving out of their home.
- Automatic Payment Authorization (ACH) Form (PDF) - Want to have your bill paid automatically every month? Complete this form.
- Authorization to Email Water / Sewer Bills (PDF) - As long as your account is current and remains as such, you have the option to receive your monthly bill electronically.
Water & Sewer Rates
How are rates determined? By City Ordinance Current Ordinance: 2111
Questions on your Water & Sewer bill. Please email or call 402-332-3336:
Lisa ext. 1216 Kendal ext. 1207
Think you might have a water leak? Check out these tips (PDF) to see if you are right.