Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Gretna, Nebraska is a booming City of the First Class located in Sarpy County and the Omaha Metro. With the expansion of the City’s corporate limits and Extraterritorial Jurisdiction (ETJ), additional staff are necessary to meet the demands of growth and development happening in the Gretna service area. A new City Planner position in the Building and Zoning Department will create the added depth of staffing levels needed to meet this growing community. This enthusiastic self-starter will promote the orderly growth of Gretna by ensuring the current levels of development activity meet City requirements while following the Comprehensive Plan and will help the community prepare for Gretna’s future.
The following education and experience is preferred:
1. Graduation from an accredited four year college or university with major course of study in city/urban planning, geography, or closely related field.
2. Three (3) years of direct municipal/county planning experience.
3. Must have a valid driver’s license at the time of hire and maintain throughout course of employment
4. American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) is desirable.
5. The City may accept any equivalent combination of education and experience.
Candidates should have knowledge of urban planning principles, zoning, development proposals, comprehensive planning, demographic attributes and knowledge of federal, state and local laws relating to urban planning. Please see the full job description for information about this position.
This is an exciting time to join the City of Gretna team to aid in visioning and implementing the future of Gretna. The City Planner position begins at $26.00 per hour, DOQ, with excellent benefits. Application and Job Description is available from City Clerk’s office, 204 N. McKenna Avenue, P. O. Box 69, Gretna, NE. 68028-0069 or at www.gretnane.org. This position remains open until filled. Initial review of applications begins October 11, 2021.